As you’re probably aware, Mad Men returns on Sunday, April 5, kicking off the final seven episodes of its heralded seven-season run. In honor of the show’s return and final wrapup, The A.V. Club is offering extra Mad Men coverage all this week:
- Our Watch This feature will highlight TV episodes with Mad Men stars before they were Mad Men stars.
- Hear This will focus on five tracks from the show’s emotionally resonant song selections.
- Inventories this week will look at the pop-culture creations that helped lead us to Mad Men, and the pop-culture creations that the show inspired.
- Three Mad Men actors stopped by to get quizzed in our 11 Questions feature.
- Our TV Club writers will be diving into Mad Men’s many intricate themes in a series of For Our Consideration essays. Vikram Murthi starts us off with an exploration of Don Draper as an anti-anti-hero.
- On Friday, our 5 To Watch feature will offer five episodes that take a look at episodes spotlighting Mad Men characters that aren’t Don, Pete, or Peggy. It’s been way too long since we’ve talked about Sal.
- And, of course, look for our review coverage of new episodes starting on Sunday.
- Happy Mad Men week, everyone! We have no idea how it’s all going to end up for Don Draper and company, but we’re sure going to love talking about it a lot until we get there.