When The A.V. Club launched our 11 Questions feature way back in 2013, we came up with all the questions, as well as the premise that we’d ask the same 11 questions every single time we talked to someone. Easy enough. But last year, we asked you guys, the readers, to come up with the vast majority of our queries. It worked out great, and so we’re doing it again. Why should we toil away when you guys work for free?
We’re asking readers to help us come up with some (or all, depending) of the questions for 2016’s run of the 11 Questions feature. Use the comments below to suggest the question you’d like us to ask all participants, whether it’s Charo or Tommy Chong. (One comment per question, please, and please don’t try and make us ask anything incredibly insulting.) Upvote the questions you like or would like to see in the feature, and then hopefully the best questions will rise to the top. We’ll pick the ones we like the most, use them in 11 Questions, and send whoever suggested them some fun A.V. Club swag.
The 11 Questions we’ve asked over the past two years are below. We can bring some back, like we did with “What’s the worst job you ever had,” but it’s fun to come up with new ideas as well.
You can also read every single 11 Questions interview to date right here.
2014’s 11 Questions:
1. What’s the worst job you ever had?
2. What did your parents want you to be?
3. Who would be your pop-culture best friend?
4. What game show would you be good at?
5. How would your enemies describe you?
6. If a deli named a sandwich after you, what would be on it?
7. What was your first big “grown-up” purchase?
8. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
9. What’s the worst living situation you’ve ever had?
10. Who could you take in a fight?
11. Do you have anybody’s autograph? (If not, whose would you want?)
2015’s 11 Questions:
1. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
2. When did you first feel successful?
3. If you were a supervillain, what would would your master plan be?
4. What were you like as a kid?
5. Who was your celebrity crush when you were younger?
6. If you had entrance music, what would it be?
7. What have you done so far today?
8. Have you ever been mistaken for another celebrity? If so, who?
9. If you had to find another line of work, what skills would you put on your resume?
10. Do you collect anything? If so, what and why?
11. What would your last meal be?