It’s been almost four years since The A.V. Club launched our 11 Questions feature, and in that time, we’ve asked celebrities about everything from giant animals to karaoke, all while probing them about the most inane and intimate details of their lives. Each year, we’ve come up with a different list of questions to ask people, and, because you guys are great, a good deal of the ideas for those questions have come from you, the readers.
We want to do that again. Thus, we’re asking readers to help us come up with some (or all, depending) of 2017’s 11 Questions. Use the comments below to suggest a question that you think we could ask anyone, from Elvira to Harrison Ford. (One comment per question, please, and please don’t try and make us ask anything incredibly insulting.) Upvote the questions you like or would like to see in the feature, and then hopefully the best ones will rise to the top. We’ll pick the ideas we like the most, use them in 11 Questions, and send whoever suggested them some fun A.V. Club swag.
The 11 Questions we’ve asked over the past three years are below, for inspiration.
You can also read every single 11 Questions interview to date right here.
2014’s 11 questions:
- What’s the worst job you ever had?
- What did your parents want you to be?
- Who would be your pop-culture best friend?
- What game show would you be good at?
- How would your enemies describe you?
- If a deli named a sandwich after you, what would be on it?
- What was your first big “grown-up” purchase?
- What’s your go-to karaoke song?
- What’s the worst living situation you’ve ever had?
- Who could you take in a fight?
- Do you have anybody’s autograph? (If not, whose would you want?)
2015’s 11 questions:
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- When did you first feel successful?
- If you were a supervillain, what would your master plan be?
- What were you like as a kid?
- Who was your celebrity crush when you were younger?
- If you had entrance music, what would it be?
- What have you done so far today?
- Have you ever been mistaken for another celebrity? If so, who?
- If you had to find another line of work, what skills would you put on your resume?
- Do you collect anything? If so, what and why?
- What would your last meal be?
2016’s 11 questions:
- What’s a question you wish an interviewer would ask you?
- If you could ride a giant version of an animal to work every day, what animal would it be?
- What movie have you seen the most?
- What’s a stupid thing you incorrectly believed for a long time?
- What’s the most interesting thing you’ve ever heard about yourself that isn’t true?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What was the first concert you went to?
- What’s the most interesting opportunity you’ve gotten through your work?
- What embarrassing phase did you go through?
- Have you ever stolen anything? What?
- Who’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?