Read that headline again. Did you know that? Because it's true: My Year Of Flops will be in bookstores on October 19th and is available for pre-order now. You're probably thinking, "Isn't this just a compilation of columns I can read for free online?" No! While it's true My Year Of Flops compiles the best of Rabin's ongoing, increasingly misnamed column in one convenient (and highly giftable) package, it also features:
• 15 exclusive case files, including coverage of such highly requested titles as: The Last Action Hero, The Cable Guy, and Skidoo!
• Interviews with Wallace Shawn, Richard Dreyfuss, and Roberto Benigni and more!
• Illustrations by the great Danny Hellman (who also provided the art for Inventory).
• Fewer grammatical errors!
• A minute-by-minute account of watching Waterworld (the long version)!
But don't take our word for it. Here's what others are saying:
"Nathan Rabin's book is funnier than John Travolta's facial hair in Battlefield Earth. He's a brave man for undertaking this dangerous mission and returning alive with a highly entertaining tale."
—A.J. Jacobs, author of The Year of Living Biblically
"Nathan Rabin's My Year of Flops is like watching a genius nurse a score of frightened, wounded baby birds back to life—a superhuman level of care and compassion lavished on That Which Never Had A Right To Exist. Truly brilliant."
—Patton Oswalt, author of Zombie Spaceship Wasteland
Look for more reminders in the weeks to come. Meanwhile, check out the cover.