Attention, people who annoy friends by pointing out typos and grammatical mistakes: Decider has an immediate entry-level opening for a copyeditor in Chicago. We're well into our search at this point, but we thought we'd open it up to the A.V. Club masses in case any superstars are hiding among you.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• Exceptional grammatical skills and knowledge of AP style
• Familiarity with our editorial voice & the ability to judge whether something fits
• Ability to thrive in deadline-driven environment with a large editorial team
• Good computer skills, with web publishing and website maintenance a huge plus
• A self-starter with initiative
• At least one year of experience, and/or a degree, in journalism, publishing, or a related field is ideal.
You'll also need to live in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs.
The Onion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send a résumé, cover letter with salary requirements, and writing and editing samples (before/after edits, tracked changes in Word, etc.) to email@example.com.